To all the challengers (and interested readers), be sure to bookmark this post!
Purpose of this challenge: To retain 2-3 inches of growth in 6 months.
Challenge period: February 1 - August 1, 2011
1. Eat fresh vegetables or fruits with each meal.
2. Take a daily multivitamin.
3. Drink sufficient water.
(Amt of water in oz. = Your weight in lbs * 0.5)
4. Wear twists or braids 2-4 weeks at a time.
5. No direct heat.
6. Pre-poo with coconut oil for 20 minutes.
7. Absolutely no trimming. (Start with a fresh cut now if need be.)
Each challenger is allowed two 1-week periods of styling her hair as she pleases (e.g., puff, rollerset, etc.).
For documentation of your length retention:
- Notebook/journal or camera
- Ruler/measuring tape
Tips on wearing twists/braids long term:
- Do not twist/braid too tightly
- Redo the perimeter weekly or biweekly.
- Deep condition & detangle thoroughly prior to twisting or braiding.
- For more tips, check out posts in the twist series
The Challenge begins February 1st! Start preparing.