Type II diabetes is a part of my family history. My late maternal grandfather had it. My older brother died from it. My mother has it. I want to avoid it. Because of this reality, and because I generally want to remain healthy, my meals have the following guidelines:
- eat a lot of fish, fresh vegetables, and whole grains (instead of processed grains).
- only eat sweets (i.e., cakes, cookies, ice cream) once every couple of weeks or month.
- eat dried fruit to satisfy my sweet tooth.
- rarely eat beef or other red meat.
- refrain from sodas and juice cocktails.
- drink water and 100% cranberry juice.
- only use extra virgin olive oil to cook.
TYPE II DIABETES - MAKING HEALTHY FOOD CHOICES
TYPE II DIABETES - OTHER PREVENTION
TYPE II DIABETES - CAUSES, ETC.
You can now find HHB on Facebook. Share with your friends: http://www.facebook.com/healthyhairandbody.