Summer Skin and Anti-Acne Regimen
DISCLAIMER: See a dermatologist if you have severe acne or extremely sensitive skin.
Summer is here and you are noticing more pimples and blackheads than usual. You also don't feel like purchasing expensive, over-the-counter skin products that may or may not eliminate the acne ... OR maybe you want a more natural alternative to commercial products that are loaded with chemicals. Well, here is a regimen I drafted that worked well for me; I've also included additional steps for the more stubborn pimples and blackheads.
You will need:
olive oil (makeup remover)
grapeseed oil (blackhead zapper)
baking soda (dirt & oil remover)
brown sugar (exfoliant)
witch hazel (toner)
cleanser (of your choice)
light moisturizer (of your choice)
PRE-CLEANSING (if wearing makeup):
1. Drench a cotton ball with olive oil and proceed to wipe face and eye area to remove any makeup.
2. If necessary, repeat step #1 until most of the makeup dissolves.
3. Wipe away any excess oil with a damp washcloth.
1. Wash face with your usual cleanser mixed with a teaspoon of baking soda.
2. Rinse then massage the brown sugar scrub onto damp face for 5 minutes avoiding the eye area. (Brown sugar scrub: two tablespoons of brown sugar mixed with 1 teaspoon of honey and 1 teaspoon of water.)
3. Rinse face with warm water or wipe with a second warm, wet washcloth.
1. Moisten a cotton ball with witch hazel, and proceed to gently brush the face paying close attention to acne areas and avoiding the eye area.
2. Wait 2-3 minutes before applying the moisturizer of your choice.
3. (Optional) Moisten a cotton swab with grapeseed oil and apply to any blackheads on the face.
For the more stubborn acne, you may want to try a homemade chemical peel after washing your face (in place of the scrub). Read my earlier post for recipes and instructions.
GRAPESEED OIL & ACNE STUDY
You can now find HHB on Facebook. Share with your friends: